Golden Lakenvelders—anyone have them?

wink.png
Or ask her questions through an auction you're not interested in.
lol.png

I might bid on some of ehr eggs too. She has all kinds of breeds. We will just have to be sure not to bid against eachother!!
big_smile.png

I can't do any bidding on anything until August 11th or after. We are leaving for CA to pick up my husband's old horse then. I can't wait to get back home with her!!
wink.png

Well, we will have to get together and do an "Egg/Chick" exchange one of these days!

I will be going to the Central Coast area, Paso Robles/Creston. I lived there most of my life but was born in Othello WA. We eventually moved to New Hampshire, lived there for 6 years and now I am back in WA. (Centralia WA)
smile.png

Last edited:
I have a Golden Lankenvelder and she has never had a problem with frostbite. I do have a heated coop, and during the day they have access to their run.
Heidi is a little skittish, but I don't know if all GLs are like that.
coop2.jpg

L&Schickens :

Well, we will have to get together and do an "Egg/Chick" exchange one of these days!

I will be going to the Central Coast area, Paso Robles/Creston. I lived there most of my life but was born in Othello WA. We eventually moved to New Hampshire, lived there for 6 years and now I am back in WA. (Centralia WA)
smile.png

Oh...I asked because I found a Craigslist ad for a bunch of houdans & the lady was in SF area...
smile.png
I go to Puyallup & Everett once a year for dog shows...other than that, I'm not over there too much...​

Quote:
Yeah, from what I've read, they seem to tend towards skittish behavior....I was hoping for something broody, too...but I don't see them as being broody. I've only found Wyandonettes & silkies on the "super broody" lists and the wy's aren't uncommon enough for me & I think the silkies may have troubles with wet/cold weather...

Back
Top Bottom