Golden neck d'Uccle

Hatching

Songster
6 Years
Jan 2, 2014
Is a gold neck duccle a buff mottled bird with a dominant white gene or is it a gold spangled bird with a dominant white gene? Or maybe a Millie fluer duccle with a dominant white gene? I'm just trying to figure out the genetics of this color. Thanks everyone

I see that this is an older thread, so you may have already had your question answered, but if not I figured I would throw what I (think
smile.png
) I know in. From what I understand, golden neck is either a mille fleur with dominant white, or it can also be created with splash. (For example, two blue mille fleurs will produce 25% splash chicks, presumably based on mille fleur.) I'm sure I worded that in a confusing way.

Yes I have read that Splash is golden neck. Then I was told a few more times when I asked that NO that was not the case. So I’m about just as confused. But I do have Golden Necks and did order Blue Mille Fleur which from what I can tell all turned out to be splash. So was told to breed a splash to my Millie fleur to get all Blue MF. The ones I ordered Golden Necks are considerably lighter as teens. They say genetics are totally different I am getting from some breeders on a d’Uccle Facebook page. I am guessing that that would be cause the Splash would still be carrying the lavender gene.

Thanks. Cause I have seen on d’Uccle pages that they call he Splash a Golden Neck.

Attachments

• 2D7DE0A5-B3D4-4F77-871D-D8050D8833EE.png
    2D7DE0A5-B3D4-4F77-871D-D8050D8833EE.png
    751.7 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom