Golden pheasant hen color

Barnyard Breeder

Songster
Mar 21, 2019
Western New York
I have two golden pheasant hens that I do not know what color they are. They are just like my red golden hens except they are a light yellow but they are not pale or white-ish like yellow gold hens
297C16F5-04D3-49D3-B958-98D2D2DE3AD3.jpeg
1D6F1010-ADD3-4E0C-97CB-58E73A13CBF9.jpeg
70C4B31B-7D53-45EB-BDD4-ECC03F078E28.jpeg
this last photo is of it next to a red gold hen
I’ve tried searching the different colors of golden but all that comes up are the males so any help would be appreciated

Normal looking Goldens. Sometimes they have a different pigmentation from what is normally seen in Goldens. Yours have darker more orange looking legs, rather than the olive/yellow legs.
On the other hand, they could possible have Dark throated blood, somewhere in their past?

Normal looking Goldens. Sometimes they have a different pigmentation from what is normally seen in Goldens. Yours have darker more orange looking legs, rather than the olive/yellow legs.
On the other hand, they could possible have Dark throated blood, somewhere in their past?
So most likely they would just produce normal red golds when crossed with my red gold male

So update my first batch of pheasant eggs hatched and I hatched out another “blonde” colored one like the hens are I only had seven eggs set to hatch and six did all of them were Normal except one so approximately one third should be “blonde” but we’ll see as I have two dozen more eggs to hatch in the next two weeks
DB5BEBA1-C315-48AF-9976-4F6AA1579FC3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom