Golden Retriever Thread!

Plus if you have your own male you have the advantage of letting potential buyers meet both parents which is great! A lot of people want to meet the parents.
And you'll always know the health and history of both parents

Thanks for the advice. Our two pups are only 10 months so they've got a little while, in the long run we will probably get a male for many reasons (many you have said) but mainly we love our doggies and they are our family so we'd never sell them or over breed, plus it's nice to know your dogs your breeding, even if you only breed a few of times over the years.

Well hey, if you want one now I've got one left! Lol

Wish I could, I would soooo love one of your boys!!! Our living space is a little tight. We're trying buy a house this summer (the place we want isn't available yet, we're waiting on the owner to get his stuff in order, we live in the city right now with not nearly enough acres or house space :(
I was going to ask that you mentioned your thinking of breeding again at some point?

I hope you get the house!
These pups won't be ready to go until March 9th, and then hopefully I have another litter being born around July or August

When I raised chihuahuas I always skipped a cycle, but there's been a lot of recent studies on pyometra, and it's actually better to breed back to back, as long as mom is in good health, which she definitely is.
Here's some pictures I got today of my last little boy, he is sooooo cute! And so friendly. I'm going to miss him.
Thank goodness I have another 3 weeks or so with them
1f495.png

I would just keep them all until 12 weeks if their new owners weren't so excited to get them lol

Aww, they are so cute.

So many people are stereotypical about girls being better family dogs than boys. I bet that's why you sold all the girls first. My family has only ever had females, but I wouldn't be opposed to having a male.

Ohhh okay, I didn't know there were studies about it or anything. That makes sense. Although I would think it would be hard on their bodies? But I guess it's better than infection plus you're not breeding her much, probably more of a concern in mills haha

The puppies are adorable! OMG! You say last male so does that mean the other found a home!? :D

I really want a golden lol

Aww, they are so cute.

So many people are stereotypical about girls being better family dogs than boys. I bet that's why you sold all the girls first. My family has only ever had females, but I wouldn't be opposed to having a male.

That's weird, I've always heard the opposite. That males are goofy and friendly and just big adorable lovey goofs and females are more stand offish/moody LOL we've always had males as that was my parents reasoning aha it probably depends on the breed.

That said, there's probably also a belief that females are cleaner or more dainty and cute or something haha or less aggressive, idk

Back
Top Bottom