golden sexlinks and araucanas?

beckysaur

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Portland, Oregon
hi.
I am thinking about getting a three chicks, including a buff orpington, an araucana and a golden sexlink. The buff orpingtons seem to have have nice calm personalities. Anyone have thoughts on the araucana, or especially on golden sexlinks? I haven't found much on the sexlinks' personalities, but maybe that's because they vary so much?
Thank you!
becky

Are you planning to get your "araucana" from a hatchery or a breeder? The reason I ask is they are 2 different breeds, so you will get different responses depending on which you're getting.

Jody

Portland?! I live in Vancouver! howdy neighbor! too bad you are only allowed 3... they are addictive. I have black sexlinks, golden sexlinks, RIR and one araucana. PPl love the green eggs! my next batch will be all sexlinks. the black ones are beautiful in the sun. the Araucana and the golden sexlinks are both my favorites. the sexlink lays a nice sized brown egg every day. the Araucana probably 5 a week. not every day. they both have quiet inquisitive personalities. I like the RIR but they are more flighty and not as personable. their eggs are kinda on the small size. one of my sexlinks has layed a 3.1 oz egg! twice!! usually all of her larger eggs are double yolkers. I love sexlinks. my dog loves my araucana Cleo here is a link to my Roscoe has a girl friend... kinda funny...

Connie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom