Goldilocks turned 16 years old today

WOWSERS!....16 years old eh? That's truly amazing. I can only hope that any of my lovely ladies lives that long!

Your vet should be commended- mostly we hear of people having a hard time finding a vet that will work on chickens, let alone know what they're doing with chickens!

Welcome to BYC!
Sandra

Happy birthday Goldilocks, you go girl!
yippiechickie.gif

Great testament to a great mom, a good hen, and good living!!!

Thankyou friends,
Goldilocks still lays occasionally, she laid one last week, ill get these pics online asap as her comb is growing again so she will start laying more though she doesnt have to if she doesnt want to!!
She is golden with beautiful black specks, sort of tigerlike colours.
She is the only one who gets Mikey's leftover cereal from brekky.

I give the same diet of "chicken scratch Mix" plus lettuce and day old bread.
Lots of fresh water too, most of all I talk to them and thay talk back.

Happy birthday, Mrs. Goldilocks!!! Surely, after 16 years your mom has taken some pictures of you! Mom please place a picture of your birthday girl on this site. We would like to see Mrs. Goldilocks! I liken Goldilocks to my Great Aunt Lizzy who has lived 100 years! She will be turning 100 this week! Sounds like Foghorn was right about the champagne!!! WoooHooo!!! Goldilocks honey, Happy Sweat 16!!! You go girl!!! I hope you surprise them with a double yoker!!! Johnny

Last edited:
That is so awesome! Our roo is going on 9 and I thought that was old! Encouraging to see one live that long. Interesting about the lice, too...I heard that from a vet recently re our hen, that it can make them really weak. You must be a great chicken mom!

thankyou again, its so lovely to wake up and check your replies in the morning as you guys over there are sleeping while im on and im sleeping while youre on. If anyone wants to come and have a holiday over here you have a place to stay!!!Come and meet goldilocks!!
Anyhow Goldilocks is getting a groom this morning with lice treatment,
yes the lice certainly make them weak, they affect their feeding and foraging as they spend all day trying to get rid of them, it must be horrible.
So do your lovely chooks a favour and check them when they are roosting or if they are tame when they are letting you stroke them.
Its amazing my chooks get them as they are not locked in a yard, they have a cute little house to go into when the sun goes down.
I have 2 bantam white ducks that try to bunk in as well but i make them go to their own room.
Im trying to devise a way to keep the ducks from mucking up the chooks drinking waterers. I have water bowls all over the yard.
Have a nice day/night and love to your chookies.

OK, today I have taken some more pics of Goldilocks using my cellphone,
iwill upload after work Friday at the office supplies shop.and put them on disc, then Ill work out how to post them, it looks a bit complicated for me.
I have some photos of her on my old computer which crashed , however I dont have a USB port on this old computer which im on now. I have been really stuck technically.
So the plan is 1) get new pics onto disc and save in my pics, then put the image onto this.
If all else fails Ill direct you to my yahoo photo page!!!
love to your chookies, Helen

Back
Top Bottom