Gonna grow veggies to feed my flock.

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
these r some of the plant i will be growing. i am an organic gardener so no miracle grow or schultze.

Marigolds ( orange and red )
Basil
Corn
Millet
Carrot
Beens
Wolfberrys
peas
avocadoes
pumpkin
and my secret weapon

Chinaberry -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melia_azedarach

poisonoius to human but birds gorge themselve on it until they reach a state of drunken ness.

is it ok for them to roam and eat and peck at these.or if i mixed it in there feed

i am an organic gardener so no miracle grow or schultze.

If people would only use poopy duck water, they would never consider those chemicals. My plants have never been better. I am so glad I got ducks
big_smile.png

Add rape, turnips and mustard greens.

Very easy to grow. till soil, sow seeds, rake lightly. No rows, no raised beds, just plain old open area planting.

I have kept my chickens getting green stuff all winter, using the above plantings, plus rye grass.

Spring time I am going to try some clover.

My girls absolutely love tomatoes and strawberries. We have to fence those parts of the garden, because they'll pluck them right off the plants. They also go crazy for sunflower seeds.

I lived in Hawaii a few years and there were chickens running all over the place. I had Avacado, Papya and Guava among other things. The chickens loved the Papya and Guava but never seemed to bother with the Avacado. I also have an African Grey parot and was told by a vet not to feed Avacado. I now live in Southern AZ. You never know how good you have it until it's gone. What I'd give for an Avacado tree now!!

We have tons of chinaberry trees here at our place, I knew they were poisionous and thought I was lucky because my birds never go near them
idunno.gif

I am growing our usual, tomatoes, peppers, squash, okra, and herbs. Whatever is left or going bad goes to the chickens
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom