Gonna try Hatching again

cqranch

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Russellville
Ok, so have talked myself into trying a 2nd hatch. First didn't go so well.. only 3 out of 20. Will have full bator this time.. 54 eggs. Have four dozen coming from two BYC members and then a few of my own. Will go in bator next week.

GO FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have better luck this time !!!!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Read this it might help for a better hatch https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-DryIncubation.html

Mine will be shipped with TONS of cushion. They should make it just fine, as long as the P.O. doesn't shake it like a Christmas present!! I think that's what they did with my quail eggs.
sad.png

Hope you have better luck this time!
jumpy.gif
I'm gonna give it a second try too... sometime in November.
My first try was almost a complete failure - 1 out of 18.
barnie.gif
All I can say is I hope you have better luck than me.
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Good luck with the 2nd hatch. I hope you have better results this time.

Not meaning to hijack, but I do have a question. I'm in the middle of my first hatch now, so I still have a lot to learn....

Why did your eggs not make it? Was it because of shipping? Was fertility an issue? Did they develop at all?? I've got 14 out of 16 right now on day 13 that all have moving chicks inside. Just trying to be prepared on where/when/how things go wrong.

Quote:
I had a grand total of 3 quail chicks hatch out of 38 eggs. Most of the problem was the P.O.
I had 2 different breeds, and more than half of each one (18 of one, 20 of the other) were scrambled. On my A&M's, I had 3 fully developed chicks, and one died before pipping. There were 2 quitters. Out of my buttons, I had 3 fully developed chicks, one died after pipping the shell, and the other pipped the membrane only and died. There were about 3-4 quitters. So part of the problem was probably my fault. It has gotten seriously cold lately, very quickly, which has made it super dry. Most of the fault falls on the P.O.

As long as you keep your temp stable, and your humidity at least 40% with this dry weather, you should be fine. On my chickens eggs, I almost always have one that just doesn't hatch for some reason. But that is only 1...

Back
Top Bottom