Good afternoon from a newbie

cockatiel

Hatching
6 Years
May 11, 2013
Hi,
My name is Loulou, I live in Eastern Ontario Canada.
My hubby and I own 2 horses, I have 2 donkeys, a dog, a cockatiel, a green cheek conure, hubby owns 4 Leghorn hens and 4 Guinea Fowl, 3 girls and a boy.
We are currently collecting eggs to put in the incubator.
I just got my first chicken today, he is an 11 month old frizzle.

I rescued him, kind of.
I found him posted on line, he is pretty well featherless, he was being picked on by the other chicken at the farm where he comes from.
I got him today, Mother's Day present to me.
Poor little guy, he is missing a few toe nails also.
I will do my very best to bring him back to what should be normal.
So that is me

Thank you for letting me join

Have a good day

Howdy from Missouri and Welcome to BackYard Chickens
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Some good food and lots of love will get him back to his old self in no time. And good on you for rescueing him! I would suggest you find him a lady friend though. Chickens are social creatures, just like us, and do better in pairs or groups.

Thank you for the welcome.

To Sumi, I will be finding him a lady I just want him to settle down into his new life.

The way our coop is set up, he can see the 4 other hens and the 4 guineas, it is just that he cannot have contact with them.

But I will definitely find him a lady.

welcome-byc.gif
I was wondering where his 'frizzle'was - please do not get him a frizzle girlfriend - frizzle x frizzle winds up with scanty, brittle feathers - not a good thing

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind welcome everyone.
Drumstick diva, his lady is very likely to be a silkie if I can find him a bantam one, or anything bantam to keep the boy happy.
But before his lady comes he has to pretty himself up with some feathers.

Back
Top Bottom