Good Afternoon!

:welcome

Hi, congrats on the upcoming chicks! Do you have a coop for them (chicks grow very fast)?

Make yourself at home and if you have questions, always feel free to ask!

We do have a coop, or will in about a week! When it's up and built, I'll add a big run so when they can't free-range they can still run around. Right now and at least through the summer someone will be home all the time, but I don't want them free-ranging when we're not home, we get foxes, coyotes, and hawks in the yard and I don't want to provide a free meal! Fortunately even during normal times one of us is home most days so they'll be pretty free most of the time.

Right now their brooder is on what used to be my sewing table but is now a temporary chicken table. I want to get a picture of them all flopped out sleeping but they wake up if I move too fast. They look like they crash-landed.

You should have doubled your order as soon as he said that. Then he wouldn't have time to change his mind. Welcome to Backyard Chickens, the pulse beat of the chicken community.
🤣 Diva is right double down on your order now! Then get that coop built really fast. That was my biggest mistake ordering chickens before building a coop.

We do have a coop, or will in about a week! When it's up and built, I'll add a big run so when they can't free-range they can still run around. Right now and at least through the summer someone will be home all the time, but I don't want them free-ranging when we're not home, we get foxes, coyotes, and hawks in the yard and I don't want to provide a free meal! Fortunately even during normal times one of us is home most days so they'll be pretty free most of the time.

Right now their brooder is on what used to be my sewing table but is now a temporary chicken table. I want to get a picture of them all flopped out sleeping but they wake up if I move too fast. They look like they crash-landed.
If you have a heating pad search this site for the mama heat pad and get them in the garage and out of the house. Chicken dander is horrible in the house. And welcome to byc!

Back
Top Bottom