Good bye, sweet ewe

Rachel now has a private "suite" --a shed all to herself. She and the goats are separated by a cattle panel fence. They seem to have no interest in each other.

And, I second what you say about Katahdins being great pets.

We had Suffolks when I was a kid, and the main reason I chose Katahdins was to avoid the whole shearing situation. But, then I fell in love with the breed -- their looks, their disposition, everything about them.

Rachel now has a private "suite" --a shed all to herself. She and the goats are separated by a cattle panel fence. They seem to have no interest in each other.

And, I second what you say about Katahdins being great pets.

We had Suffolks when I was a kid, and the main reason I chose Katahdins was to avoid the whole shearing situation. But, then I fell in love with the breed -- their looks, their disposition, everything about them.
Oh, that makes me feel so much better about my Muffin being without Zinnia. Thank you! Since Zinnia prefers not to walk far due to arthritis, Muffin is getting used to grazing out in the pasture by herself which is great. She also has the chickens to keep her company. :D
d75_2287-jpg.3235405

An update: Rachel seems to be okay with her current situation. A cattle panel fence separates her from the goats, and neither species seems to be eager to mix with the other.

Rach continues to enjoy head rubs and eats with great enthusiasm. Since she seems okay, I have decided, at least for now, not to get her a sheep companion.

I hope your ewe recovers from her loss! We had sheep when I was a kid ( Suffolk and Dorset) we had a very tame ram who wore a collar and grazed alone on a long rope when he wasn’t supposed to be with the ewes. We started out with „runts“ from our neighbors, they all made it, and some of them got twins, ones of them even got quadruplets.

Back
Top Bottom