Good Cheap Incubator

NamahKatana

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Oregon
So my homemade incubator didn't quite go as planned. So I was wondering if there is a cheap(less than $30) good incubator out there. One that isn't too hard to get a stable temp. How many it hold doesn't madder but bigger is better. Auto turner is a plus but not sure I could get one at this price.

Short answer no ... : ( unless you can find a nice used one .. Little Giant Still air is almost always the Cheapest running about 40.00 and the turner is another 35. bucks or so .. It is harder to maintain heat and humidity .. But can be successful. I have a turner and prefer to hand turn ( I am a stay at home Mom so I can fit that in my schedule. they can hold about 48 eggs. You might try EBay or Craig's list looking for an upgrade on a used one : ) Though I have seen them go for a lot more than 30.00 .. Many people have had great luck making their own .. maybe you just want to try that again tweak yours ?? I know I am saving for a Good one some day but for now am using three cheaper ones with mediocre success ..

hmm I guess I'll just try and tweak my homemade one some more. I'm having trouble keeping a stable temp. The temp in my room stays about 60-65 F, my incubator kept spiking to 106-108 F no madder how many vent holes i put in.
Short answer no ... : ( unless you can find a nice used one .. Little Giant Still air is almost always the Cheapest running about 40.00 and the turner is another 35. bucks or so .. It is harder to maintain heat and humidity .. But can be successful. I have a turner and prefer to hand turn ( I am a stay at home Mom so I can fit that in my schedule. they can hold about 48 eggs. You might try EBay or Craig's list looking for an upgrade on a used one : ) Though I have seen them go for a lot more than 30.00 .. Many people have had great luck making their own .. maybe you just want to try that again tweak yours ?? I know I am saving for a Good one some day but for now am using three cheaper ones with mediocre success ..

Back
Top Bottom