Good day from Blinknmissit, Illinois!

Mimosashens

In the Brooder
Feb 13, 2017
I got a tiny new Buff Orpington rooster as a pet on April 2, 2016 as a day old chick. I fell in love immediately with his soft down covered little body! My husband and I live in a very small town (pop. 16), and are raising a tiny flock of assorted chickens - the Buff rooster, and his lovely hens - 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Rhode Island Reds, an Ameraucana, a blue Orpington and a black sex link. I found this site by accident but love it! We can always use advice and I think I've found it here. I'd love to get to know everyone on the site and look forward to reading the many articles and threads here.

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here! With almost half a million members, it will be hard to know everyone but make yourself at home and you'll find plenty of friends in no time. If you would like to 'meet' other members in your area, you can find your state thread by using the link in my signature ( at the bottom of my post).

Best of luck to you and enjoy your new rooster!

G’Day from down under Mimosashens
frow.gif
Welcome!

Is that your boy in your avatar? He has a such a sweet expression on his little face.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

LOL, I just realized what you put in your post title for a location...blink and miss it, IL. Good one!

Welcome to Backyard chickens. I love the name of your town, I would guess they don't bother with restrictions on chickens, or maybe the chickens make up most of the population.

gig.gif

Hello there, and welcome to the big, happy BYC family! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home. I hope you will enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom