Good deal or no on rabbits

mamato3

Songster
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
SWMissouri
i might found a good deal else where 2 does 1 buck 3 babies more on the way both females are breed and 3 cages. The only thing is the guy know nothing about the rabbits other then there white and there ears stand up $75 for it all sposed to be grandsons rabbits what do you think?

The price really depends on what rabbits are going for in your area. Here they range from $9 for fryers up to $25 for proven (yet still young) breeders. They sound like typical New Zealand whites by his discription. One bit of advice though, you will need more cages! I suggest having one cage per adult, plus at least two extra (one for each gender of kit). If you plan on keeping your litters seperate, you'll need even more.

Since it includes three cages and babies it sounds like a fair price to me. You will need to be careful of how old the current kits are. If they are too young, they may get neglected or die from being moved to a new environment. Also, if the two does are bred, they may loose their current pregnancies because of the new environment. Be prepared for this.

Keep us updated, and good luck! Raising rabbits is a wonderful hobby!

Emily in NC

I agree, the cages are probably worth a good bit, if they're in good shape.

They sound like they've been slightly neglected if they're selling them lock, stock and barrel and they've been bred willy-nilly. As pets, they may not be very well-socialized, so that could be disappointing.

I hope the does haven't been bred back to back.
sad.png

I get show English lops for anywhere between $50 - $70 a piece.

Quote:
You should've taken them - you could've eaten the rabbits and used the cages for your chickens!
tongue.png

hahaha ,, i was thinking that,, but my youngest has been asking for a rabbit,, and i KNOW she would of thought they were hers,, and i would have to have gone through the whole "guinea" thing again,,,,,which she cant wait to eat another lol.

Back
Top Bottom