Good dewormer?

One of my chickens has developed diarrhea. I am not sure which one it is but I found the poop. It has worms in it that are still moving. What is a good dewormer I can put in the water? I'll post a picture in a minute but I am having a hard time transfering it from my phone ot my computer.
How many chickens do you have? I would prefer to use Valbazen cattle wormer or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or horse paste, since those treat other worms and worm eggs that may not be seen without a microscope. SafeGuard is easier to find, but Valbazen can be used just twice. SafeGuard can be used once and again in 10 days for just roundworms. We can give you dosages when you need them.

I have used Wormout Gel, and many chickens do not like the strong orange taste it has, and it can be hard to get mixed into the water. It does treat most chicken worms though.

I havnt seen Wazine in any of the feed stores around here, nor any of the TSC's I go to.
I've seen plenty of Safeguard liquid goat wormer in feed stores and TSC. Jefferspet.com has Valbazen, that's where I buy mine. Nemex 2 is available in feed stores as well.

I found some wazine on amazon. Does anyone know the withdrawl period as the are laying hens. I know the bottle says only for meat chickens but I'm sure I could use it for laying hens as long as I waited the proper time.

I found some wazine on amazon. Does anyone know the withdrawl period as the are laying hens. I know the bottle says only for meat chickens but I'm sure I could use it for laying hens as long as I waited the proper time.
Wazine in Canada has a zero day egg withdrawal, but here in the US I think most people wait 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom