Good Feed For Mixed Flock of Chickens and Ducks

Nothing major- it's just an urban backyard, not an acre of farmland.
I've got a decent rural patch that I am always trying to make as virile as possible. A couple things that I have been doing is making sure that I only mow using sharp mulching blades, keep the deck at it's highest setting and only mow when it's wet with more rain coming. My theory is that any cut grass that turns yellow is losing its nitrogen to the air and I want it going back into the soil.

Given that the birds you intend to feed the All Flock to get adequate exercise, 20% protein is sufficient for maintaining nutritional stability - All Flock feed is my personal preference when feeding.
Thanks! I am planning to feed my (future) ducks and (current) chickens 20% Nutrena Naturewise All Flock. Is this a good nutritionally complete feed?

All right, thanks for your help- I guess we'll see what we can do.
Try to get an 'old style' Little Tykes sandbox. You can often find them for free and they're sturdy enough that you can empty them by simply flipping them over.
20210126_114046.jpg

If you're feeding a complete formulated feed (which all flock is) there is no evident reason to dilute the nutrients down with oats. With poultry, oats should be given at a minimum ration.
Because of the high protein, will the chickens and ducks eat less, rather than eating too much protein? Thank you so much for all the great info!

Back
Top Bottom