Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

Quote:
That is a good choice. Heck, all the movies that you guys have chosen have been good.

At first I was thinking Barney
hide.gif
, but then I thought of something like the sixth sense? That one is kind of scary, and not too gory.

Barney? My goodness, I want to scare her a little not scar her for life.
lau.gif

My oldest son used to have a talking Barney that went off on its own. Every night after he went to sleep, I would steal into his room, take the toy and place it outside. I would then lock the door. I just didn't trust that thing. It would be bad enough to get attacked by Chucky, but a purple dinosaur singing overly sweet songs. No way!​

How about The Princess Bride? I remember seeing that when I was little and thinking it was *such a drama* with so much scary stuff, and now as an adult I love watching it and seeing how hilarious it is.
Ok. It's fantasy, not horror. But I love it.
How about that terrible 80s movie with the clowns from outer space?
tongue.png

Quote:
Does that movie involve like someone in white a teen girl and a younger girl out at some house in the country..?

Yes! Awesome movie and it scared the pants off my boys just because of the suspense!
gig.gif

What ever you do, don't show her The Shining. My oldest son let my then 10 year old son watch it against our wishes (read: we had no idea he showed it to him). It took 4 years before the kid would shower with a closed door/pulled shower curtain.
lau.gif
We solved the issue buy buying a clear shower curtain.

Quote:
Does that movie involve like someone in white a teen girl and a younger girl out at some house in the country..?

Yes! Awesome movie and it scared the pants off my boys just because of the suspense!
gig.gif

THAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT MOVIE!!! I spent all afternoon trying to remember the movie with the windowpane that had a triangle crack in it!!! I LOVED that movie. Just the right amount of scary.

Also that movie with the little girl/boy who's house is haunted by a little girl ghost....she fell down the well and the porcelian (sp?) doll was still stuck on a ledge in the well-shaft? Early- 80s special effects, nothing too violent. Spooky child ghost, creepy little doll. That is good stuff.

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That one scarred me for life!

I agree. Attack of the Killer Clowns from Outer Space. Clown-pods. Ick.

EDITED: How about Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?

Last edited:
How about that old movie with Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen? I can't remember too much about it, but it was creepy. I don't know if it is okay for an 11 year old, but I know I was pretty young when I saw it. I think it was called something like "The Little Girl Down the Lane." Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Okay I just watched a clip of it on Youtube, I don't think it would be appropriate, but it is a good movie.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom