Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

Quote:
Yes! Awesome movie and it scared the pants off my boys just because of the suspense!
gig.gif

THAT WAS THE NAME OF THAT MOVIE!!! I spent all afternoon trying to remember the movie with the windowpane that had a triangle crack in it!!! I LOVED that movie. Just the right amount of scary.

Also that movie with the little girl/boy who's house is haunted by a little girl ghost....she fell down the well and the porcelian (sp?) doll was still stuck on a ledge in the well-shaft? Early- 80s special effects, nothing too violent. Spooky child ghost, creepy little doll. That is good stuff.

Child of Glass - Disney - made for TV movie, I think. I love that one!!

meri

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned yet "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

that's one of my middle son's favorite older movies - it is sort of scary, but not too bad, more suspense and circus freaks than horror.

meri

Last edited:
How about Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler, Kathy Najimi, and Sarah Jessica Parker? Awesome tween movie.

Also that movie with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Pheonix "The Signs" I think that's what it was called.

The War of The Worlds, old version and new version.
I could go on and on, now I want to watch all the old movies I watched when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Quote:
deb1-------Do NOT....do NOT......DO NOT show your 11 year old daughter that movie. Especially the unrated verion~

I LOVE scary movies and have seen just about every movie out there. But that movie is NOT for kids! I bought that movie because parts of that movie scared and grossed me out so much.

My kids will NOT be seeing that movie any time soon. Along with THE HILLS HAVE EYES 1 & 2. They are just gross! Part one more than 2. Definently not for kids under 16 at least.

Last edited:
Quote:
They have seen Hocus Pocus. It's a good movie but not scary.
smile.png
I love the song that Bette Middler sings in that movie.

Quote:
deb1-------Do NOT....do NOT......DO NOT show your 11 year old daughter that movie. Especially the unrated verion~

I LOVE scary movies and have seen just about every movie out there. But that movie is NOT for kids! I bought that movie because parts of that movie scared and grossed me out so much.

My kids will NOT be seeing that movie any time soon. Along with THE HILLS HAVE EYES 1 & 2. They are just gross! Part one more than 2. Definently not for kids under 16 at least.

I have seen the Hills Have Eyes 1&2. I won't show my daughters anything with a rape scene. I saw the original Hills Have Eyes. It was much better then the remake-although more corny.

oh i agree with the above, i wont even watch stuff like that. why they cant just make good scary movies without just going overboard nowadays, ill never know.
roll.png

Quote:

I have seen the Hills Have Eyes 1&2. I won't show my daughters anything with a rape scene. I saw the original Hills Have Eyes. It was much better then the remake-although more corny.

Well then dont even think about 'Last House on the Left'
The scene where the girl gets taken advantage of is just awful and lasts so long youre kinda looking around wondering when its going to end because it is SO uncomfortable to watch. IMO, take it WAY to far. Like WAY to far..

What was so bad in 'Mirrors'? Isnt that the guy that patrols that burned mall?

Last edited:
Quote:

Well then dont even think about 'Last House on the Left'
The scene where the girl gets taken advantage of is just awful and lasts so long youre kinda looking around wondering when its going to end because it is SO uncomfortable to watch. IMO, take it WAY to far. Like WAY to far..

What was so bad in 'Mirrors'? Isnt that the guy that patrols that burned mall?

I saw Mirrors also. I don't remember it being terrible but I wasn't watching it with the thought of viewing it with my 11 year old daughter. I will have to check it out again, first.

Last House On The Left is one that I am a little wary about watching because I had already heard about the rape scene.

Back
Top Bottom