Good Girl Bella!!! Oppossum dead!

Mycookoonest

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
Hudson Valley NY
DH woke up and let the dogs out. He went back out to check on them and call to see what they were up to in the yard. Max our German Shepard is mostly blind so it's good to check on him when It's still dark out. Well a few minutes later DH goes to see if they were at the door after he called them and Bella my Golden had brought back an Oppossum!

I'm so proud of her! Yeah she may be a pain in the butt by digging holes, eating my coop shoes and anything else she comes across, and being overbearing... but she's protected my girls! Now I know if they neighbors cats go anywhere within reach I don't think they will make it. They have been VERY BRAVE lately.

clap.gif
way to go

Our pittbull/sharpie Angel, was attacked by a baby raccoon one night. It was all my fault, she was sniffing an d barking at the door and I told her to go get whatever was out there. We lived in the suburbs, the dogs wernt hunters. They never caught anything, I just thought it was funny to see them scare them away
sad.png
My poor Angel cakes
hmm.png

AngelatHalloween.jpg

So I went to give her a bath ( I know some reward but there's no way she's sleeping in my bedroom smelling like a skurvy dirty dog
sickbyc.gif
) I noticed she had a spot on her about the size of a half dollar. I think the Oppossum was around yesterday. We noticed a spot on her head but thought her and Max were rough housing like usual. But Now the blood spot on her back tells me she's had a run in with either this Oppossum or the neighbors dog...

Nothing beats a good watch dog. We lost our 12 yr. old lab, Dixie this past December. She was a loyal friend and protector of all of our livestock. In fact, just a few days after we lost Dixie, wild dogs killed our goats. We have another lab now, but it will be some time before puppy Tucker can fill Dixie's paw prints. But, he's already bonded with the chickens and that's a great start.

Give Bella a big hug for me will ya.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom