Good Grief

lol.png
chickens are funny! I went to the coop on Sunday and when I open the door I am pushing about 8 pullets back, well one got out. So I closed the door gave them their treats and went to get the escapee. She had her head stuck in the chicken wire screaming to let back in - she was trying to shove herself through the chicken wire!

i giggled Buster.

i could see a chicken doin that. i think it would have been cute and funny.

i like all the stories.

oh and mine are peckin snow off my boots now.

so my daughters silkie (dumb as dirt) is out at a poultry show. We are taking a break and we have her out on the grass just to stretch her legs a bit and relax. My other daughter's modern game bird is out too and my daughter decides to find some bugs for them to pick at and eat and keep them entertained for a bit. she finds a nice big fat juicy beetle and puts it down for them. the modern gets real excited and starts to chase it and peck at it. the beetle runs towards the silkie and she sees it picks up her fat feathery legs and starts to scream and run from it. It was HILARIOUS! she was like an older fat woman picking up her skirts and running from a mouse!

Thanks Maple.

I have a two year old Buff Orp rooster who free ranges with some younger roos that are just coming into their own. Two of them are actually bigger than him now but he still rules the roost. If I hear a hen squawk and look out the window, the next thing I see is one of the younger (bigger) cockerels running like crazy to get away from the smaller buff rooster. He rules the roost...for now.

ha ha ha...picks up their skirt and runs...that righ there is funny.

Buster, I have a polish roo I got as a free "exotic" and he is smaller than the rest and at first...not knowing...i thought it was a female...wrongo.

so then he got picked on and i felt bad but now...i see him challenging and holding his own. i even saw him think about courting one of the ladies...

...why not, the other boys do?

me,
g

Quote:
Well these younger roos have girls out there that are "theirs" and they know it. I have integrated almost all my roos into the main flock now with all their girls so I don't have so many pens to care for in the winter. So even though they would like to resume activity with "their" girls, the Buff Orp says differently.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom