Good Incubator for beginners?

Have tried doing some research and found mixed reviews about several different incubators. For someone like me who would like to TRY incubating her own eggs to see how it goes, I knew this would be just the place to come and ask for your expert opinions! Have only had chickens about a year. Have bought several adult birds from individuals, and this year the DH and me bought four different breeds of baby chicks at our local SS chick days. But I would love to try to incubate and hatch my PBR or my Silver laced Wyandotte eggs, since those hens never seem to go broody. What incubator would you prefer for someone just starting out? I know I would want an automatic egg turner, and something that would hold around 20 eggs or so probably. Thanks so much in advance to all you helpful folks on this awesome site!

I guess a lot depends on how much you want to spend.

Brinsea octagon eco. Holds 20 eggs and temp is preset from the factory. Heard these a being phased out. But are usually around 200.

Take a look at hovabators. I have a 1588 genesis. Works great. It is styrofoam holds 40 eggs with a turner. They are a little over 200.

I have had a couple of the lgs. I can't recommend them unless you have a lot of time to watch and adjust them. These can be frustrating. Most farm stores have these. Can usually be had for around 120.

For beginners I would say brinsea or hovabator.

Are there any cheap but good incubators that anybody knows of? We're sort of on a budget (My family) Thanks.

I guess a lot depends on how much you want to spend.

Brinsea octagon eco. Holds 20 eggs and temp is preset from the factory. Heard these a being phased out. But are usually around 200.

Take a look at hovabators. I have a 1588 genesis. Works great. It is styrofoam holds 40 eggs with a turner. They are a little over 200.

I have had a couple of the lgs. I can't recommend them unless you have a lot of time to watch and adjust them. These can be frustrating. Most farm stores have these. Can usually be had for around 120.

For beginners I would say brinsea or hovabator.
Thanks, what are lgs?

Incuview. Does everything that the Brinsea incubators do and are just as reliable, but at a fraction of the cost. Plus, you don't have to purchase the turner separately.

Had never heard of these, but looked it up on amazon. The 'all-in-one" model with 27 egg capacity. That's the one you use? Great price if it's a quality machine. Does it hold heat/humidity well? Does it rebuild heat/humidity well in the event you need to open it? One of the better qualities of a Brinsea is the virtual instant heat restoration on opening. That being said, if I could get a 27 egg capacity incubator that holds up for half the price of a Brinsea octagon - I'd seriously consider picking one up..

Incuview. Does everything that the Brinsea incubators do and are just as reliable, but at a fraction of the cost. Plus, you don't have to purchase the turner separately.

Had never heard of these, but looked it up on amazon. The 'all-in-one" model with 27 egg capacity. That's the one you use? Great price if it's a quality machine. Does it hold heat/humidity well? Does it rebuild heat/humidity well in the event you need to open it? One of the better qualities of a Brinsea is the virtual instant heat restoration on opening. That being said, if I could get a 27 egg capacity incubator that holds up for half the price of a Brinsea octagon - I'd seriously consider picking one up..
I looked up the same one 0wen, junebuggena is this the one you use?

Back
Top Bottom