Good Morning All, I'm a Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by becky's coop 94, Mar 8, 2009.

1. becky's coop 94

becky's coop 94 New Egg

Mar 8, 2009
    This is the first forum I have ever signed onto. So I am not sure how to proceed. I have a small home flock of happy girls that I luv. Since Chickens are such sweet creatures I thought this would be a safe site. Looking at the topics on the Index, I could have used all this wonderful information before now. Just happy to have started now. Every one have a terrific Sunday.

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

3. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Glad to see ya running around the Backyard!

4. Ellie_NY_chick

Ellie_NY_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    Finger Lakes, NY
    [​IMG]

This site is the BEST. Someone is always here when you need them, whether it's to share a funny story or have a shoulder to cry on. Enjoy!

5. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    [​IMG]

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

7. ladrifter

ladrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2008
    Liberty, Ky
    welcome you will enjoy this forum

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    Happy to meet you! Glad you're here!! [​IMG] Hope you enjoy our company!! [​IMG] WELCOME to BYC!!!

Yep, pretty safe place! Seriously enforced family friendly rules and friendly people. PM means Private Message, and Admins and Moderators seem to really try to help people, though I suppose I shouldn't volunteer them that way. [​IMG] Hope you enjoy!!

10. becky's coop 94

becky's coop 94 New Egg

Mar 8, 2009
    Thank you all for the wonderful HELLO!!
    My girls are various breeds. Mostly brown egg layers. I just got some silkies that are the bomb. I love how sweet and easy going they are. I have had Blue Andalusians that were so flighty and un touchable. So now I stay with the calmer breeds. I have had the usual good luck and bad luck with my birds that are common. The neighbor dogs digging under the fence and instant slaughter. I have caught the dogs each time. Animal control is no help in this matter, but I have re built the flock and miss the old personalities and luv the new personalities. My good luck is when the missing hen returns with a brood of chicks from who know where. I would like to know of a Hatchery on the west coast that is reliable for rare breeds? I think the chicks would be better off if they did not have to travel so far.
    Thanks again for the hearty welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by