Good Morning All, I'm a Newbie

becky's coop 94

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
This is the first forum I have ever signed onto. So I am not sure how to proceed. I have a small home flock of happy girls that I luv. Since Chickens are such sweet creatures I thought this would be a safe site. Looking at the topics on the Index, I could have used all this wonderful information before now. Just happy to have started now. Every one have a terrific Sunday.

welcome-byc.gif

ladybug.gif

Happy to meet you! Glad you're here!!
frow.gif
Hope you enjoy our company!!
wav_l-r.gif
WELCOME to BYC!!!

Yep, pretty safe place! Seriously enforced family friendly rules and friendly people. PM means Private Message, and Admins and Moderators seem to really try to help people, though I suppose I shouldn't volunteer them that way.
big_smile.png
Hope you enjoy!!

Thank you all for the wonderful HELLO!!
My girls are various breeds. Mostly brown egg layers. I just got some silkies that are the bomb. I love how sweet and easy going they are. I have had Blue Andalusians that were so flighty and un touchable. So now I stay with the calmer breeds. I have had the usual good luck and bad luck with my birds that are common. The neighbor dogs digging under the fence and instant slaughter. I have caught the dogs each time. Animal control is no help in this matter, but I have re built the flock and miss the old personalities and luv the new personalities. My good luck is when the missing hen returns with a brood of chicks from who know where. I would like to know of a Hatchery on the west coast that is reliable for rare breeds? I think the chicks would be better off if they did not have to travel so far.
Thanks again for the hearty welcome.

Back
Top Bottom