Good morning! (An introduction)

NorthwesternOntarioHobby

In the Brooder
Dec 4, 2020
I’ve worked with chickens for five years now, I’ve been keeping my own flock (between 6 - 26 birds usually) for four years now.
I currently have 17.
2 (A pair of breeding) Seremas.
4 brown Esas (2 were rescues)
2 Ayam Cemani crosses
1 rescue BCM (6 years old this year)
1 Frizzle
3 Easter eggers
1 Brown Esa/ Leghorn Rooster (One eyed Cheechin)
1 White all purpose hen
2 mix breed half silkie hens

I enjoy starting new projects without finishing old ones and incubating my own chicks with a little giant incubator & my two broody hens.

I slaughter and butcher my own animals and supplement with gardening / bartering / hunting.

I feed my animals a mixture of natural forage, kitchen scraps & commercial laying crumb & mixed grain.

I am currently on maternity leave with my first child but typically work two youth worker jobs and maintain a third retail position at a local feed store.

I’ve known about BYC and have enjoyed reading the threads for a long time now and decided after four years of experience with my own flock it was about time I joined and posted instead of just lurking.

I’m especially interested in touching base with chicken keepers in a similar climate to the one we experience here in Northwestern Ontario & learning about maintaining a small chicken based business.

I look forward to getting to know many of you in the community with an increased capacity to share my knowledge and opinions.

I’ve worked with chickens for five years now, I’ve been keeping my own flock (between 6 - 26 birds usually) for four years now.
I currently have 17.
2 (A pair of breeding) Seremas.
4 brown Esas (2 were rescues)
2 Ayam Cemani crosses
1 rescue BCM (6 years old this year)
1 Frizzle
3 Easter eggers
1 Brown Esa/ Leghorn Rooster (One eyed Cheechin)
1 White all purpose hen
2 mix breed half silkie hens

I enjoy starting new projects without finishing old ones and incubating my own chicks with a little giant incubator & my two broody hens.

I slaughter and butcher my own animals and supplement with gardening / bartering / hunting.

I feed my animals a mixture of natural forage, kitchen scraps & commercial laying crumb & mixed grain.

I am currently on maternity leave with my first child but typically work two youth worker jobs and maintain a third retail position at a local feed store.

I’ve known about BYC and have enjoyed reading the threads for a long time now and decided after four years of experience with my own flock it was about time I joined and posted instead of just lurking.

I’m especially interested in touching base with chicken keepers in a similar climate to the one we experience here in Northwestern Ontario & learning about maintaining a small chicken based business.

I look forward to getting to know many of you in the community with an increased capacity to share my knowledge and opinions.
members.jpg

Back
Top Bottom