Good Morning from Kansas City!

Kriquet

Chirping
14 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Kansas City
I've been lurking
wink.png
all summer and am finally posting a great big 'HELLO' for everyone! I've found so much wonderful information here and am excitedly waiting for my babies to arrive sometime the week of September 8th!

My husband and I have been working on our coop all summer and it's nearly finished - just a few final touches and we're there! You can view its progress on my page - although it's still under construction: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=35481

I
first became involved with chickens in high school when I judged poultry in FFA. This will be the first time at actually owning my own chickens so it's very exciting! We hope to get the kids into 4H so they can show the 'ladies' at the local county fair!

My husband and I are both veterinarians with most of my time spent at home with the children these days...but I wouldn't trade it for the world!! We have a plethora of animals and marine life and live each day as it's given to us.

big_smile.png

Welcome Kriquet! I live further South, but work at a big specialty practice in OP (ER tech) .One of our IM Dr's is big into chickens, as well. I'm afraid we are a bad influence on each other
wink.png
Your coop looks more like a cottage--you guys did a great job!

Back
Top Bottom