Good Morning from newbie in South Dakota

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cluk lik a duk, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Cluk lik a duk

Cluk lik a duk New Egg

Sep 17, 2014
    Rapid City SD
    [​IMG]

That's me Paula!! I grew up on a farm for my younger years, I remember having chickens and mom setting up a chicken plucking station for us kids. It was kind of a dis-assembly line.. Anyway that was a long long time ago. My neighborhood home owners association last year said that we could have chickens. So I am wanting to jump in and get some fresh eggs and meat to feed my family. I am super excited and of course learning all I can from all of you and I have 1 other neighbor down the road that I am going to go visit for information. Glad this site is here and it seems to have so much information right at my finger tips. So off I go to get my finger busy!!

I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Paula

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello Paula and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

You have come to the right place! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

Good luck in this new venture you are on. Nothing better than home grown meat and eggs.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Paula, welcome to our flock!

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Paula. I like you introduction especially the part about the " dis-assembly" line. Glad you joined us at the BYC flock.

5. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    Hey Paula,

Welcome to BYC! This website has been a great asset to me. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Someone here has been there, done that! I have only had chickens for almost 2 years & no one in my family ever had them, so it was a new learning experience for me.

Enjoy!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

7. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

8. Cluk lik a duk

Cluk lik a duk New Egg

Sep 17, 2014
    Rapid City SD
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been to the learning center and checking out all the coops.. I wish their were more pictures of the 'inside" the guts of them so to speak.. So off I go still trying to decide how to set up the inside and I still have so many choices on the feeders and water...

Hoping you are all having a great day too!!

Paula

9. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Paula. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any particular breeds (or hybrids) in mind?

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by