Good Morning from newbie in South Dakota

Cluk lik a duk

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Rapid City SD

That's me Paula!! I grew up on a farm for my younger years, I remember having chickens and mom setting up a chicken plucking station for us kids. It was kind of a dis-assembly line.. Anyway that was a long long time ago. My neighborhood home owners association last year said that we could have chickens. So I am wanting to jump in and get some fresh eggs and meat to feed my family. I am super excited and of course learning all I can from all of you and I have 1 other neighbor down the road that I am going to go visit for information. Glad this site is here and it seems to have so much information right at my finger tips. So off I go to get my finger busy!!

I am looking forward to getting to know you!

Paula

Hello Paula and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

Good luck in this new venture you are on. Nothing better than home grown meat and eggs.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Paula, welcome to our flock!

Nice to meet you Paula. I like you introduction especially the part about the " dis-assembly" line. Glad you joined us at the BYC flock.

Hey Paula,

Welcome to BYC! This website has been a great asset to me. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Someone here has been there, done that! I have only had chickens for almost 2 years & no one in my family ever had them, so it was a new learning experience for me.

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have been to the learning center and checking out all the coops.. I wish their were more pictures of the 'inside" the guts of them so to speak.. So off I go still trying to decide how to set up the inside and I still have so many choices on the feeders and water...

Hoping you are all having a great day too!!

Paula

Welcome to BYC, Paula. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any particular breeds (or hybrids) in mind?

Back
Top Bottom