Good morning :-)

Yorkshire lass

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 30, 2016
Bonny Scotland
I'm enjoying very much reading on this forum the past few days, very informant, thank you!

I would like to share a photo
of a cockerel called Abraham we adopted from our local SPCA yesterday, thought it would help our 6 ex-bat hens to have some male company and hopefully sort out the 2 bullies ... we are new to adopting hens as have had them for 10 weeks now ... very much enjoying the "little monkeys"! I would like to know his breed please if you can help ... thought he was a Cuckoo Marans? He has flecks of irridecent green and also recently realised that there are several very similar looking breeds. Also, I've noticed he has a small toe at the side of his foot as well as the main 4 toes, I guess this is usual? Many thanks for any responses and keep up the fantastic forum! :)

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Abraham is a handsome fellow.

Likely someone will offer you a breed ID here, but if not, then post his pic under the "what breed,gender" forum for more opines.

He looks so much like my Barred Rock except for the leg/foot colors - but I'm sure my gal is not a pure breed.

Greetings, Yorkshire lass, and :welcome! Great to have you with us! I agree with sunflour - Abraham is indeed a looker! The folks in the 'What Breed' Forum should be able to help you out. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

Na then, lass and mek thi' sen at 'ome 'ere at BYC! It's always good to have another Tyke join us.

Best wishes
CT

Lol CT! Ta f'tha chat but methinks am not round tha neck't woods as thas Barnsley-ite(?), I'm a Sheffielder! :)

Have you got any thoughts please (back to posh speak) re extra toe and breed ... not bothered at all as long as the lovely dude doesn't spur/run at me, just interested :)

Ta chuck

Lol CT! Ta f'tha chat but methinks am not round tha neck't woods as thas Barnsley-ite(?), I'm a Sheffielder! :)

Have you got any thoughts please (back to posh speak) re extra toe and breed ... not bothered at all as long as the lovely dude doesn't spur/run at me, just interested :)

Ta chuck

Nay lass, I'm from Wakey - Barsnley? thats a bit harsh
lau.gif

Sorry, I pants at breeds as we don't really have anything but commercial stuff here in Nairobi. As Sunflour suggests, maybe the breed / gender forum is the best place to get more advice -
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

There's a UK thread that you may wish to join - nice bunch of peeps - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/890

Hi :welcome @Yorkshire lass!

Glad you could join us here! It's great to have another member here from Yorkshire :D Please do pop by the UK thread that CT left for you to say hello.
Hope you get lots of answers on your thread in the breed/gender section :fl

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom