Good New and Bad News- Those poor ducklings :(

Okay check their bottoms make sure they aren't pasted up that can kill too. this is when they can't poop. Do you have any poultry vitamins? I like to use Poultry Nutri drench TSC carries it and probably rural king it can be given right into the mouth it is really good with weak chicks ducklings.

I forgot about your first babies I'm glad they are doing good.
Yes they are doing great compared to these ones.

I had not seen the picture before. I am shocked and saddened and again send my most sincere expression of sorrow at this loss.

While I really do believe that most hatcheries are sincere in their efforts to provide the best possible lives for their birds and the little ones they produce and sell. I am also of the opinion that if you put your name on something you are the one ultimately responsible for anything connected with it. Be that good or bad customer service representatives, good or bad poultry farms that actually provide the stock you sell, or anything else.

I did a little research on this hatchery and, while they have primarily good reviews, I suspect that something is amiss since the sites I looked at had only positive reviews...no negative or low rating reviews. I find it unlikely that every customer is a satisfied customer. So I have my suspicions about them.

There are plenty of well established and respectable hatcheries and breeders out there so this one I will be removing from my list of future points of purchase.

Unfortunately, your order of ducklings is having it rough. They hatched Sunday/Monday, shipped out Monday night and then hit shipping delays in getting to you. Then factor in the cold. They had a very rough trip and unfortunately, you are seeing the result of that.
If you don't care what the replacements are and are willing to risk the weather for shipping delays again, you can have them resend some ducklings next week if they have enough after they fill their other orders. Or you can wait and have ducklings of a different age which can be kind of a pain. Chick days have started here in Central NY already, so I'm guessing feed stores and the likes are getting theirs in now too if you want to go that route.

Good luck and hopefully you've seen the last of the rough ride.

Unfortunately, your order of ducklings is having it rough. They hatched Sunday/Monday, shipped out Monday night and then hit shipping delays in getting to you. Then factor in the cold. They had a very rough trip and unfortunately, you are seeing the result of that.
If you don't care what the replacements are and are willing to risk the weather for shipping delays again, you can have them resend some ducklings next week if they have enough after they fill their other orders. Or you can wait and have ducklings of a different age which can be kind of a pain. Chick days have started here in Central NY already, so I'm guessing feed stores and the likes are getting theirs in now too if you want to go that route.

Good luck and hopefully you've seen the last of the rough ride.
We did get 2 from local farm store, Rural King. They said they are gonna replace 6 of the 8 that died. The other ducklings they said we will just get store credit or refund. If we chose store credit it would be 3 dollars more. We chose a refund. Hopefully in my Monday shipment they will give me some extra ones to pay for the two I aren't getting.

We did get 2 from local farm store, Rural King. They said they are gonna replace 6 of the 8 that died. The other ducklings they said we will just get store credit or refund. If we chose store credit it would be 3 dollars more. We chose a refund. Hopefully in my Monday shipment they will give me some extra ones to pay for the two I aren't getting.
I don't understand why they aren't sending out a replacement for all the ducklings that died minus any extras. I personally would call and push the issue. I find that emailing is not very effective compared the calling. I don't usually email when it comes to coustomer service issues because they just won't take you seriously and it's easy to just give you a generic answer. Don't settle for what you did not order.

I don't understand why they aren't sending out a replacement for all the ducklings that died minus any extras. I personally would call and push the issue. I find that emailing is not very effective compared the calling. I don't usually email when it comes to coustomer service issues because they just won't take you seriously and it's easy to just give you a generic answer. Don't settle for what you did not order.
We tried calling them serval times and different days at the right time their open. Every time we call it goes straight to voicemail. It is very annoying. The only way to get I. Touch with them is email

We tried calling them serval times and different days at the right time their open. Every time we call it goes straight to voicemail. It is very annoying. The only way to get I. Touch with them is email
I personally would get my money back and go with someone else at this point. Their shipping was horrible, those poor little guys, and they seem to not care about making things right. I'm sorry you are going through this and I would write a honest review. No reason to give this company your money if they aren't going to provide a good service.

ETA: you may want to see if there is a closer hatchery so they don't spend so much time in transit.

Last edited:
I personally would get my money back and go with someone else at this point. Their shipping was horrible, those poor little guys, and they seem to not care about making things right. I'm sorry you are going through this and I would write a honest review. No reason to give this company your money if they aren't going to provide a good service.

ETA: you may want to see if there is a closer hatchery so they don't spend so much time in transit.
We will check Rural King later to see if they have some breeds we want. They already sent a email confirmation for the order. This was yesterday like 2 minutes before the 2 ducklings died. I said I didn't ask then to make the order yet and when I told him 2 more died ( we were still in the 24 hr timeframe) and he said "Sorry but I already sent the hatchery the order, you can not add any more ducklings now". We were mad. We can't cancel the order either until Monday when they ship!
1f620.png

I was at the TSC yesterday to me this is too early it is cold and snow still on the ground. I wanted to take all of them home. as it was they looked cold and one was laying weird had that dying look. I got all mine from Mezta farms, no complaint could they have been sick to begin with?

I was at the TSC yesterday to me this is too early it is cold and snow still on the ground. I wanted to take all of them home. as it was they looked cold and one was laying weird had that dying look. I got all mine from Mezta farms, no complaint could they have been sick to begin with?
I don't know if sick or traumatized with the travel. I am very un happy. I just went to check on ducklings and guess what? ANOTHER ONE IS DEAD!!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
I really don't know what to do! Do I just wait for them all to die slowly, I mean come on this is ridiculous!

Back
Top Bottom