good place to get adult chickens?

White Hall there is a auction in westminster and several breeders I know off what breeds are you looking for I am ordering chicks in spring to add to my flock but I cant spare any adults now.

Henry

lol, im very question-y
do you know the exact location or what its called?
and i'm looking for oeg pullets/hens.
we only have two, those dern dogs got a few of em

Quote:
when was the auction? was it the one in york the past week?

Eighty Four PA. Near Washington, PA ....I got them last fall, I think the auctions are on Fridays every week. I really only got them to help keep the 4 young birds(3 roos and 1 hen), we raised from chicks that my son hatched at school, stay warm for winter. And of course any eggs would be a plus. I did see a box of white silkie chicks and not knowing what silkies were and being the first time at such an auction, I bid on the first hens that came up(after waiting an hour and a half with my 4 yr old for the poultry). The hens I got were in really poor shape, molting and all. Now they look really nice although one did die a couple of weeks ago, I think from being eggbound or something. And 2 of them have started laying.

I am not realy posative it is in westminster it has been acouple of years since I have been there and I dont no anything about that type of birds I have standard egg layers in a couple rare breeds. I will try to look up Where it is for you.

Good luck
Henry

I have some rare breed layers such as Marans, Fovorrels, a wyndotte and an Easter Egger. I am getting Delawares and A couple Leghorn mixes next weekend WHat Breeds do you have?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom