Good size for 18 weeks?

Guys ^_^ My baby girl laid her first egg ! I'm not good with terms since I had her as a pet and I actually want eggs to eat and I also want baby chickens because her boyfriend is this really nice rooster and I wouldn't mind her having babies around

I bet she really likes the cold water in the heat. The rooster just fertilized the eggs. All of her eggs will be fertile for about 3 weeks maybe a little less. I hope she gets to see her boyfriend again.

Here ya go. Her first two eggs. They don't have a shell. . why?

Here ya go. Her first two eggs. They don't have a shell. . why?

This is normal for the first couple of eggs as a pullet's (young hen) system gets going. I'd recommend giving her oystershells and/or crushed egg shells to supplement her calcium and help her have shells on her eggs. Mix them into her food for about a week, then offer then free-choice. Layer feed should have enough calcium for her, but Starter/Grower and Flock Raiser don't have enough calcium, especially for a pullet.

Good luck, she sounds like a lovely chicken!

This is normal for the first couple of eggs as a pullet's (young hen) system gets going. I'd recommend giving her oystershells and/or crushed egg shells to supplement her calcium and help her have shells on her eggs. Mix them into her food for about a week, then offer then free-choice. Layer feed should have enough calcium for her, but Starter/Grower and Flock Raiser don't have enough calcium, especially for a pullet.

Good luck, she sounds like a lovely chicken!

Igave her crushed egg shells today but she didn't lay. She was less loud than yesterday though

Back
Top Bottom