Goodbye all my Pets

DaisyBuff

Crowing
Oct 15, 2020
Georgia
Greetings Friends, Daisybuff here. I have been going through some extremely tough times here recently. I have made a big decision. I currently own 10 chickens. Nine WL hens and a sweet fluffy RIR hen named Hailey that I've owned for over half a decade. I made this decision to benefit my girls, as well as myself. I will not be keeping them anymore. I respect them entirely, my nine Leghorn laying girls will go to a good friend of mine. My girl Hailey will go to a dear family member whose old flock died out and left him with only one sweet hen and she needs company(Hailey's Sister). He will also be getting more chickens soon. They are all going to good homes. I am so sad to announce this unfortunate news. I am only doing this because I want what is best for them. I don't really see a need to stay on BYC because I will no longer own chickens, or any pet at all for some time now. I dont see myself in the position to even own pets in the near future. I feel like it will sadden me to remain here. So many posts I have made about previous loved chickens and memories. So petless I will be soon. My girls will leave me tommorow afternoon. I love them so much. I just wanted to say farewell to so many lovely friends I have made here. Thank you so much for your kindness.
-Daisybuff

Greetings Friends, Daisybuff here. I have been going through some extremely tough times here recently. I have made a big decision. I currently own 10 chickens. Nine WL hens and a sweet fluffy RIR hen named Hailey that I've owned for over half a decade. I made this decision to benefit my girls, as well as myself. I will not be keeping them anymore. I respect them entirely, my nine Leghorn laying girls will go to a good friend of mine. My girl Hailey will go to a dear family member whose old flock died out and left him with only one sweet hen and she needs company(Hailey's Sister). He will also be getting more chickens soon. They are all going to good homes. I am so sad to announce this unfortunate news. I am only doing this because I want what is best for them. I don't really see a need to stay on BYC because I will no longer own chickens, or any pet at all for some time now. I dont see myself in the position to even own pets in the near future. I feel like it will sadden me to remain here. So many posts I have made about previous loved chickens and memories. So petless I will be soon. My girls will leave me tommorow afternoon. I love them so much. I just wanted to say farewell to so many lovely friends I have made here. Thank you so much for your kindness.
-Daisybuff
:hugs

-Daisybuff
Oh, that's so hard! You're making the right decision, though. Be sad they had to go, but don't regret it. Lots of hugs! :hugs

-Daisybuff
:hugs👋🙁

Oh, that's so hard! You're making the right decision, though. Be sad they had to go, but don't regret it. Lots of hugs! :hugs
Thank you. Where Hailey is going I will get to see her often! I usually go there once a week so I can check on her. As for my other girls I may see them once every month or so...so its not really goodbye, but see you soon. Makes me feel glad they are safe and are going to good caregivers. I am just so stressed out in the process of pre-moving. Need some time to adjust. I might get more chickens one day but just not now. I don't have the time or extra funds. Thanks again. I decided I might stay here on BYC to fill that chicken shaped hole in my heart. It gives me a little place I'm used to with friends I know and hope to keep.

It's not easy, but it can be the right thing to do. I am giving up my chickens too. I had around 100 chickens before my Mom died. I sold 50 of them then, because I had to go to Florida and hubby had to do chores while I was gone. My health has not been good, and I just don't want to do a whole bunch of chores any more. Now I am down to 11 chickens, but they all must go. For the moment I am keeping the goats.

-Daisybuff
We’ll miss you :hugs :(

-Daisybuff
We’ll miss you :hugs :(

Back
Top Bottom