Goodbye Ashes, sleep tight tonight.

werttyy

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
Chicago
Although I'm incredibly sad (because she had always been my favorite, and I thought that we had somehow bonded), I know that I have to move on. Sorry for duplicating the previous thread about her. I just really knew that something was wrong (she was chirping really loudly and getting a lot weaker) and I really really wanted to help her. What am I going to do now? She's still in the brooder with the other chicks. The other chicks are all on the other side of the crate. How should I remove her body? And to where?

Sorry to hear this. I would say you should definitely remove her from the brooder. If I were you I would find a small box and bury her deep enough so that nothing can get to her.

hugs.gif
just put her in a sandwich baggie and bury or burn her. I just lost lost a baby yesterday. Its sad, but it happens.

I had a silkie chick that I got a few days ago and never moved much. I thought it was a silkie thing. I did however give her electrolytes, sugared water when I first got her Friday. But today she died in my hands as I was trying to give her a drink with an eyedropper. I dug a hole deep enough so other animals wouldn't dig her out. She is buried where I'll walk by her everyday.

Too me, it's harder when chicks die (this is my first) compared to the full grown ones.

Sorry for the loss of your favorite.

I'm sooooo sorry
hit.gif

I know this might sound weird, but we have a pet cemetery in our garden filled with hamsters, lizards, a duckling, a couple of chicks and a chicken. My son insists on it. He makes little plaques for each and every pet. They are all buried deep, in boxes and we have stuff planted around them.

They're all like family to us....
hugs.gif

we do the same thing duckking, my dh makes the little casket and they get buried in the cemetary. it's a very special place. I sure wouldn't leave the chick in the brooder for long the other chicks will start pecking it, and possibly eating it. So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry - I lost my first chick at only 1 week. I made my son bury Delilah on the back of our property and put a large rock over her so nothing could dig her up. Its tough to lose something you care for daily, of course you'll be sad!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom