Goodbye My Little Bird...

Miyashi

Songster
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Gaylord, MI
I posted a week or so ago about my cross beak chick...
She was happy, lively, sweet....
She was always hungry though...she spent her entire day eating and she was always covered in food. I had to give her baths every couple days.
She was an EE....grey body, tan saddle, black feathers around her legs. Beautiful little bird.
She was about 10 weeks old...we went to the vet this morning.
I'm heading out to go bury her next to the other chick I tried to save from TSC last year.
I would have held out longer...but the bantams had outgrown her...she didn't have a whole lot of feathering around her neck because I was always washing that area and she was always dirty from sticking her head in the food.
She had a lot of excess skin and I just felt worse the longer I postponed this trip.
I feel I did what had to be done. She napped in my lap all the way to the vet's office.
She went peacefully, I stayed with her. Have to stay with the one's you love.
At least she won't be hungry anymore...
Goodbye my little Penelo-peep. (Penelope) I love you<3

hugs.gif

Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
It sounds like you gave her a home with a lot of love and care, and sometimes that is all we can do for them. She may have had other internal problems you couldn't see as well, oftentimes if they have deformities on the outside there are things we don't know about on the inside, too. It's sweet that you stayed with her to the end and gave her a gentle, peaceful goodbye. What you did for her was a kind choice and it sounds like you made the right one on her behalf. Lots of hugs and good thoughts for you, and may the rest of your flock stay healthy and happy.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom