Goodbye to an Old Friend, Hello to a New Friend

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
We recently had to take our Lab/Australian Shepherd for that last vet visit. Blackie was 14 years old and having a lot of difficulty, not surprising since he was diagnosed with severe hip displaysia when he was 9. He was to the point where we had to keep swapping foods to get him to eat at all, even then he was no longer maintaining his weight. His food choices were very limited due to a wheat allergy that caused him to have seizures. He would be walking and suddenly just fall down. He pooped in his sleep, then appeared to feel really bad about it. I knew in my heart that there was no way he could survive another ND winter, and had to make the call. DD came home for the day, and it was a gorgeous day so Blackie got to spend a lot of time outside. He passed with his family all gathered around him.

19 y/o DS wanted another dog. I have 3, but they are all Shelties (he calls them the 'Little Yappy Dogs') $150 later, he had a GSD pup with Shiloh Shepherd in his background. The pup isn't registerable because the parents had limited registration. Mom had an appt to get spayed, but before that happened Dad went over a six foot fence to get to her. Pup is extremely intelligent and really awesome with house breaking (no accidents at all the first two days until he found an Amiryllis bulb that the cats knocked down and he got diarrhea for a few hours). Anyhow, here is DS with his 11 week old pup 'Storm'.

Storm10-23-2010.jpg

Awe he is so cute! Makes me want one, lol. I will just keep repeating in my head "I don't need a puppy, I don't need a puppy, I don't need a puppy!" I am putting my puppy blinders on when I come to your place. It's funny I never get baby fever, but puppies are a whole other story, lol.

He should still be registrable just not full limits on his papers which mean you can breed and show. Limited means you can't breed him and maybe not show him but he should still be registrable. Very cute pup and picture.....they sure grow up fast.

His parents have limited registration... from the AKC site: Limited Registration means that the dog is registered but no litters produced by that dog are eligible for registration. He isn't registerable, but since I don't plan to breed or show it would just be a piece of paper anyhow. We have had him for 2 weeks and I swear if I watch I'll see him grow! I want to get him into puppy obedience classes to get him started with training and socialization. He needs to be well trained and well socialized so that everybody loves him as much as we do
smile.png

I see I thought you were saying he was not registrable cause whoever you got him from says he has limited papers....that makes sense now.

I would I did alot of training my self with my saint till I needed more help. So when I started the obedience class she knew about half the stuff already.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom