Goose Ate Necklace Pendant

The Dim Side

Songster
Mar 16, 2021
One of my female geese got too close to my necklace dangling, and before I could stop her, she ripped off my pendant and immediately swallowed it. It was white gold with diamonds, so I don't think it should be toxic, right?

But what are the chances she'll pass it on her own vs. cause problems? I'll call the vet tomorrow, but they're closed right now.

Two of my other geese have eaten stray metal in the past that I found out about from X-rays and did chelation therapy. But those were unknown metals. And they seemed to digest on their own eventually, or are just in there but not bothering them anymore. So while I'm very sad she ate the heart pendant my mom gave me when I was 5 years old (she stole my heart), I'm more concerned about her well-being!

Yeah, I called the vet the next morning. They said it'd likely not cause any problems, but it will probably stay inside her forever, lol. The pendant was maybe a third of an inch to half an inch long and tall. I'm not the best at measurements, haha. So now she has a couple hundred dollars' worth (or more) sitting inside her. I've been telling people I hope she becomes the goose that lays the white golden egg! Or diamond eggs. XD

They weren't concerned with metal toxicity?
No, I guess not since it's white gold? Maybe it's mixed with a little other metals, but I would think it probably isn't metals that would be more toxic? At least I hope not! And it's been a few days now, and so far she doesn't seem to be getting ill, which is good. Not sure how long it might take before anything noticeable happens. They said it would probably get stuck in some body part that starts with a P, but I didn't recognize the word and don't remember, lol.

Back
Top Bottom