GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

Yes people have used ducks to hatch gosling and vise versa. and chickens to hatch both too. My Muscovy duck hatched an Embden gosling 8 yrs ago and he had no other geese till he was 5 yrs, I really think he thought he was a duck till I got him a goose . Took him about 5 months to realize he wasn't a very tall Muscovy drake. Mating season cinched the deal. :)

That's a great idea. I might have to get some eggs now. I really need some females though. I think I lost my last two ganders. So I guess I need both now.

That's a great idea. I might have to get some eggs now. I really need some females though. I think I lost my last two ganders. So I guess I need both now.
You think? how'd that come about?

Metzers is a good place not sure who else sells eggs. you might look on the Buy Sell Trade thread here on BYC too. Or your states thread at "where am i where are you"

You think? how'd that come about?

Metzers is a good place not sure who else sells eggs. you might look on the Buy Sell Trade thread here on BYC too. Or your states thread at "where am i where are you"

Couldn't find them on the pond the other day. Hopefully they just moved to the other one. I'll have to go look a little harder next time I'm off work. Really hope nothing got them but I couldn't find any feathers or anything around the pond so I don't think a fox or a cat got them. They could swim fine and never got that far from the water.
eBay usually has tons of people selling eggs, nothing show quality usually but definitely pet quality.
Awesome. Thanks I will definitely look around. I only need pet quality.

Couldn't find them on the pond the other day. Hopefully they just moved to the other one. I'll have to go look a little harder next time I'm off work. Really hope nothing got them but I couldn't find any feathers or anything around the pond so I don't think a fox or a cat got them. They could swim fine and never got that far from the water.
Awesome. Thanks I will definitely look around. I only need pet quality.
How old are they?

well I got my waterfowl special from cackle hatchery. I had two goslings die, no fault of the hatchery though, that was all on the post office. I called the office and they were really great about it. even extended the time frame due to the late delivery. I ordered the waterfowl special again and they sent the two extra goslings to make up the difference instead of a refund and there was an extra surprise duck. all healthy and thriving!

well I got my waterfowl special from cackle hatchery. I had two goslings die, no fault of the hatchery though, that was all on the post office. I called the office and they were really great about it. even extended the time frame due to the late delivery. I ordered the waterfowl special again and they sent the two extra goslings to make up the difference instead of a refund and there was an extra surprise duck. all healthy and thriving!
Awesome, now we need some pics.

. Here the group of goslings and ducklings

Back
Top Bottom