Goose deficiencies

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
I have two male (four years) brown chinese geese who've been losing feathers on their face. My first male, Yoshi, (whose only about 2-3 years) is losing feathers right under his eye/cheekbone. His late father did this as well, and I never really figured it out. My other older male, Big Goose, is losing all feathers surrounding his ear, he also has a lot of issues with his eyes. I've noticed it's progressively gotten worse as the days progress, and I'm worried about a possible deficiency/mites? Yoshi also has rough looking feathers. Anyone have any tips or anything about what this might be? Any info is appreciated!

(I only have photos of big goose atm, but I'm going out to get some of yoshi soon.)
20210331_191221.jpg
20210331_191222.jpg
20210331_191131.jpg

Could you provide some more background?

Do the birds have access to clean deep water?
What do you feed the birds?
Have you noticed any fighting between the flock?
Have you examined the bird's integument for any sign of ectoparasites or dermatitis?

Could you provide some more background?

Do the birds have access to clean deep water?
What do you feed the birds?
Have you noticed any fighting between the flock?
Have you examined the bird's integument for any sign of ectoparasites or dermatitis?
They have a large deep pond they have access to all day. I feed them all flock pellets with corn mixed in. The two definitely fight. I have checked them, but I didn't notice anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom