Goose diapers

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Kim65, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I'm new to this forum, so I hope this is an OK subject!

I've finally, after a long year of waiting, gotten a pair of show quality American Lavender goslings from Holderread's, their last hatch of the year. They are fluorescent yellow LOL and so sweet natured.

I want to get them used to diapers, although they may live outdoors at a future date.

Nancy Townsend, the Mother Goose lady, passed away in Feb [​IMG] and I'm wondering who else makes the diapers, or has someone taken over her business?

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

Kim

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  2. annette'spets

annette'spets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    vero beach, Fl.
    Hi Kim, I'm new also and just found out about the Lavender geese- please put up photos for us! My friends here just got some also and will go over soon to see- sorry I don't know about the diapers,which I can hardy believe people do. Ha . That's what makes life interesting. I will ask if friends know because she mentioned them when we talked.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    I would like to know who makes these as well....

4. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Mags.....this is the woman I was talking about! I just checked out their website and there is no mention of her passing, but I did see a tribute posted to her back in February....she appeared to be such a delightful woman! I would have LOVED to have had the pleasure of meeting her and her creatures!

5. Kim65

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    [​IMG]

Here are the goslings. They are flourescent yellow with light yellow legs and feet, mostly pink bills and light brown eyes.

[​IMG]

This is an adult american lavender on Holderread's photo album. The colors are not that easy to see. There are hardly ANY photos of American lavenders out there!!

Mr Holderread said he imported the lavender coloring from Europe, and had a heck of a time what with Mad Cow Disease and avian influenza etc interfering with shipping the birds over here [​IMG] .

I hope someone knows about the diapers . . . I could probably figure it out from looking at the pics on the web. I have a mid sized diaper from my previous goose pet, and I suppose I could take it apart and get the pattern . . . I'm just NOT a sew-er.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  6. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    I swear that I have seen threads about diaper patterns floating around.....I don't know if Flight Suits, a commercial maker, offers them in goose size or not. Guess I have to do some digging around. I always counted on Mother Goose when I was ready.

Thanks for the photos of your beautiful babies. I bet you are so happy you suffered the wait!!!

7. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
  8. Calebs Acre

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
  9. Kim65

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    Quote:CA . . . THANK YOU.

I just ordered the baby goose harnesses [​IMG] I've looked at that website but am not good at finding things, so again, THANKS.

I have a used playpen for them and other safe environments in the house but I have brand new laminate flooring and, well . . . no time to run around after them with a rag [​IMG]

So glad Nancy's legacy lives on!

Kim

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    This IS good news!!! I have been playing with the idea because our one Toulouse is such a sweetheart. Often I will put a towel under him/her and sit while I am reading or watching TV. Now I really know I am going crazy thinking of diapers but glad to know I am not the only one![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by