Florida - Space Coast
THese are all from 3/24 my earlier set eggs are pipping and zipping
9d753bb2.jpg

990eafb9.jpg

1fcb38d6.jpg

6a27ffc9.jpg

This is from 3/29
d4c7aeba.jpg

Notice all of the veining in each, and air cells haven't yet started to make the dip and enlarge greatly. The 3/24 eggs will have a huge change in air cell this week as they head down the home stretch to hatching. Each will be cooled and misted lightly with warm water. They will sit out of the incubator for 30 minutes each day until they turn to internally pip. At that time they will be left sitting still allowing the goslings to finish turning and internally pip. I expect no real hatching action until late day 29 into early day 30.

So maybe I still got a chance? Perhaps the airsac will get bigger in a couple days? I just keep the humidity maybe around 35%, temp 99.5%. Take out and cool 30 min a day, mist and turn daily till day what day? the 27th day? Then stop turning. Your picture #4 up there does look like my egg. But im afraid my light just isnt strong enough to see all the detail like I see with yours. Do you think I have a good plan? THen assist on the 29 or 30th day if I have too?

I know ur probably tired of my questions.... How do I know it's pipped eternally? And if it can't then as a last resort can I try to do the method I had mentioned before? The one I found online where u use a utensil of some sort to get his beak out into the airsack so he can get a breath? Did u read that one? If it gets to the last day I'm gonna b desperate to at least try to save him.

To tell an internal pip. Candle the air cell and look for the shadow of the beak high in the cell kinda bobbing around. For me, when I see the internal pip, I make a tiny hold at the top of the air cell and place the egg in lockdown with high humidity. That way I know it will have plenty of oxygen to work with. If you perform the internal pip for the chick, you are seriously increasing your chick's chance of survival. Goose chicks have large vessels that remain functional during the internal and external pips and if you disturb one of those before it's dried up, your gosling will bleed to death.

To tell an internal pip. Candle the air cell and look for the shadow of the beak high in the cell kinda bobbing around. For me, when I see the internal pip, I make a tiny hold at the top of the air cell and place the egg in lockdown with high humidity. That way I know it will have plenty of oxygen to work with. If you perform the internal pip for the chick, you are seriously increasing your chick's chance of survival. Goose chicks have large vessels that remain functional during the internal and external pips and if you disturb one of those before it's dried up, your gosling will bleed to death.

I think it was meant to read "decreased" not increased! Gooseegg, you seem to keep coming back to wanting to help the egg. You will do more harm and probably end up killing it if you help and it doesn't need it. Please listen to celtic's advice!! I listened to some great advice while going through my first hatch, and it all went perfectly!

Thanks goosed,

Gooseegg..... PLEASE don't open the shell, or use a "tool" to reach in and pull the beak out. You need to sit on your hands and not be so quick to try and help. Most hatchlings die when the person panics as hatch day nears and thinks they need to "help". Ride out this week, and let's watch and see the changes as they happen.

Back
Top Bottom