Goose egg rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Hope you know you are guiding a teen to break federal law.
Who says I am a teen?
Are any of these people kids? Or unlicensed? Or living in a place where you can't raise geese? There is so much context. This usually doesnt end well. We're not saying this to be negative, we're saying this for the benefit of everyone concerned
I’m not a kid. The law says here that we can raise the goose if abandoned or injured. I read the rules way before I even thought about saving the egg. It is growing, so why would people be concerned? It is not going to die.

I would much rather help it live, than watch it get crushed underneath a car. To the people saying “to let nature run its course”, if nature want to kill a soon-to-be gosling, then I just can’t let that happen. I’m going to do what I want to do. Even if it means going against nature, I think it is the right thing to do.

The law says here that we can raise the goose if abandoned or injured.
no it doesnt. Multiple folks already looked it up and showed it to you and you ignored it. It is illegal. Wherever you heard that you can raise a goose if injured or abandoned, is wrong. But this isnt a good that was abandoned or injured, it was an egg that you took home to incubate a life from scratch.
Which is illegal, and people have shown you exactly where it says this.
I read the rules way before I even thought about saving the egg. It is growing, so why would people be concerned? It is not going to die.
You don't know that. But it's more concerning that it could survive and be forced to live a life in captivity, when it is a wild animal from generations of wild animals.
I would much rather help it live, than watch it get crushed underneath a car. To the people saying “to let nature run its course”, if nature want to kill a soon-to-be gosling, then I just can’t let that happen. I’m going to do what I want to do. Even if it means going against nature, I think it is the right thing to do.
I disagree, that's not your choice to make. If we intervened every time nature did what nature does, we would destroy the balance. This species is protected, we aren't allowed to intervene because we do more harm than good

no it doesnt. Multiple folks already looked it up and showed it to you and you ignored it. It is illegal. Wherever you heard that you can raise a goose if injured or abandoned, is wrong. But this isnt a good that was abandoned or injured, it was an egg that you took home to incubate a life from scratch.
Which is illegal, and people have shown you exactly where it says this.

You don't know that. But it's more concerning that it could survive and be forced to live a life in captivity, when it is a wild animal from generations of wild animals.

I disagree, that's not your choice to make. If we intervened every time nature did what nature does, we would destroy the balance. This species is protected, we aren't allowed to intervene because we do more harm than good
Give it up, BB. People like this will make ways to twist things to their way of thinking. No matter if illegal or not, that it's downright not ETHICAL will go over their heads. Because they think they're doing a good thing, but it's only for themselves, not the animal.

Reporting this thread so it gets closed. Also blocking OP because all I've seen from them is self-entitled and ego-boosting.

A reminder...

The Migratory Bird Treaty Act prohibits the taking, killing, capturing, transporting, harboring of the birds or hatching eggs, that which are Native to the United States of America. All are protected by state and federal agencies.

https://www.fws.gov/law/migratory-bird-treaty-act-1918

Any threads started on this subject will be closed and/or posts deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

-BYC Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom