Goose egg wiggling on day 24?

Kyler Brooks

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2020
So! One of my goose eggs are wiggling on day 24 and I am wondering if I should go into lock down early? I was going to put them on lockdown on day 28 but I don't want to mess up this little guys hatch if he is already aligning himself in the egg. From what I've read going into lockdown early won't hurt anything so should I just go into lock down early for this little guy? These are White Chinese goose eggs if that helps.

I thought lockdown for geese was day 25? I havent hatched any myself but that is my undertanding, so yes Id go into lockdown.

Hmm okay!
Will keep people posted for how things go! We have 12 in the incu and only 1 is iffy so I am hopeful for a near perfect hatch.

A small little update! The biggest egg has internally pipped and after putting a Bluetooth speaker in the incubator that is playing gosling peeping and mother goose noises I have officially put the eggs on lock down!

The humidity was a bit high because it rained all day so I let the humidity drop a bit and I candled a few eggs while I waited for the humidity to decrease a tad. All of the eggs are shadowing? And i'm pretty sure one has internally pipped, but I am not sure. But! One of the eggs that I could previously see through I can no longer?

Last edited:
Four of the eggs have externally pipped and one is seemingly actively trying to get out! We had some goslings come in the mail today (along with ducklings) and it seems having one the goslings outside the incu to 'talk' to the ones on the inside really gets the unhatched goslings excited to get out as they start rocking their egg.

Back
Top Bottom