Goose Egg?

goose4

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 16, 2012
Up North MN

We found this large egg this evening when we were penning everyone up at night. It was in the same nest as the chicken eggs which is at ground level under a low shelf. The four eggs on the left are chicken eggs, the larger cream colored egg is a duck egg. Could the large one be a goose egg? This would be the first egg from the geese. Do they lay eggs all year like chickens?

Agree, looks very goosey.

Geese don't lay all year round. However, some start their Spring season very early, and some add an additional short laying season in the fall.

Warm weather and artificial light may induce laying. My goose first started laying two weeks after having spent Christmas vacation at my parents' house.

Congrats on the egg! Can't wait for mine to lay in a couple of months.
celebrate.gif

I was suprised that they are laying already. They are only 7 months old. It's a little early for breeding up here. It got down to -7 F last night. It would be fun to hatch some goslings in the spring though.

We found our layer. Ryan was sitting on an egg out in the snow. I hope they are still laying in the spring. I would like some goslings in the spring.

Nice egg!

I am still waiting for my first goose egg. I thought I had it today since I found a large white egg in the coop. But I am thinking it is a double yolker chicken egg, just surprised that I got a white egg from my EE chickens.

Back
Top Bottom