Goose eggs on day 33 no pips...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cindyschicks, May 14, 2010.

1. cindyschicks

cindyschicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2010
    Grant Park, Illinois
    Okay, so last night was day 33 no activity. I decided it was another failed hatch. One egg was certainly rotten, no activity from the others. So I took the eggs out of the incubator and like I have with the other two batches that did not hatch I opened one.

I ended up killing a viable chick that was still developing by doing that. I am sick! [​IMG] There was blood when I opened the membrane, then as I finished opening the shell figuring it was now too late my poor baby gave one little squirm and died. He had about a nickle size yolk to still absorb.

I quickly put the last couple eggs back in the bator. Any thoughts on how long he had left until he might have hatched. I am hoping God will take pity on me and I still might get a baby out of this batch. So far I am striking out at zero!

I am apparently not meant to hatch eggs!!!

Nightmares all night about my poor baby.

2. ChickFila

ChickFila Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    I have heard that goose egg hatching can take up to 37 days. So be patient until day 37.
    I am hatching 3 goose eggs now, today is day 30 and one hatched this morning. I thought all 3 would not make it, because I didn't see any "rocking" and "shaking" of eggs like other goose hatchers mentioned.
    But I decided to wait until day 37 and this morning, I saw one gosling walking in bator!
    If temp (99.7F) and humidity (80%) are right, just wait and wait and wait...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by