1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goose eggs

Discussion in 'Geese' started by crj, Feb 18, 2012.

1. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Hi, I would like to know how long you can hang onto a goose egg before incubating. I have a bunch but no incubator at the moment. I would love to hatch them but I don't have a way to do that for the moment but I am working on it. Thanks

2. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    I have read that you can hold them at about 40 -55* F for up to two weeks but I haven't ever held mine for more than 10 days. Good luck!

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Crj what breed of geese are you trying to keep the eggs for?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I wanted just to hatch my gooses eggs. She is an African goose and my Sebbie is the mate. I have 4 geese. Two are Sebastopols which are a pair and I have a Super African and an American Buff. My friend also gave me 2 sebbie eggs.

I have a friend that is coming over and she may help me make a incubator. This should be interesting. I do have chicks in an incubator right now but they won't hatch till the first week of March. I did stick 2 in there from a broody hen which are hatching today. They are polish chickens. Very exciting around here at the moment :) I do want to hatch those goose eggs though.

5. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    You can set your goose eggs in with the chicken eggs you have in the bator they would be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by