Goose harness

leflemin

In the Brooder
May 30, 2022
I've got a pilgrim goose (female) who has just reached adulthood and would like to take her on walks outside the pen and on the street. Does anyone have a harness to recommend? I want it to be as comfortable as possible so she's more likely to accept it. (I should have done training while she was a gosling but wasn't sure what to use then either). I've got 4 ducks also, but I figure if I've got the harness on her then the ducks will follow since they always follow the goose in the pen. The goose is more laid back and calm too, so would be easier to put on a harness. She did well with having her wings wrapped up earlier this year when she started getting angel wing (which has gone away, thankfully), so she's experienced something being wrapped around her before.

Side note: this is my first time having ducks/geese (all raised from babies this season; ducks are 2 male rouens, 1 female rouen, and one female cayuga).

I've got a pilgrim goose (female) who has just reached adulthood and would like to take her on walks outside the pen and on the street. Does anyone have a harness to recommend? I want it to be as comfortable as possible so she's more likely to accept it. (I should have done training while she was a gosling but wasn't sure what to use then either). I've got 4 ducks also, but I figure if I've got the harness on her then the ducks will follow since they always follow the goose in the pen. The goose is more laid back and calm too, so would be easier to put on a harness. She did well with having her wings wrapped up earlier this year when she started getting angel wing (which has gone away, thankfully), so she's experienced something being wrapped around her before.

Side note: this is my first time having ducks/geese (all raised from babies this season; ducks are 2 male rouens, 1 female rouen, and one female cayuga).
I am with you on this we want to take our two Chinese Geese Abbott and Costello to the park to walk with us too and they don't have any bird flu or any other flu and where we will be walking there aren't any other ducks or geese it will be at the walking trails at our park. I think folks would love it. I saw on TikTok a woman takes her pet duck and chicken to the grocery store shopping with her it was so cute and people loved it. So hope you find one and please let me know if you did because we need two also. God Bless.

Attachments

• IMG_7208(1).jpg
    IMG_7208(1).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 7
I used to walk my two geese every day. They love it! They'll just follow me, no harness, and I've trained them to come to me when a car/person/bicycle is about to pass. I'll keep them occupied with a few pieces of bread until the coast is clear, and then we resume our walk.

Regrettably, there are some people around here who let their dogs run loose and have no control over them, so I don't feel safe walking the geese anymore. Instead I've rebuilt a bicycle trailer into a goose wagon, so the geese still get to go visit my friends in the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom