Goose health

keith14

Songster
May 28, 2021
Somewhere On Earth
Hi. I just bought a goose that was around 7 weeks old. When I arrived to pick up the goose, I noticed she was only being fed oats but I got her anyways. She looks healthy but i'm just worried for her health in the future. I feed my current geese flock raiser. Is there anything special I need to feed my new goose?

FoodFreedomNow

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 11, 2016
Congratulations on your new gosling!

This thread has detailed info about incorporating nutritional yeast (what I use) or brewer's yeast in feed to provide extra niacin for waterfowl; I prefer this method because waterfowl can waste a lot of water (dabbling, etc.) and if you're offering niacin in the water, it's difficult to tell how much they're actually ingesting. Best of luck!

GeeseGoose

Chirping
Jul 17, 2020
Hi. I just bought a goose that was around 7 weeks old. When I arrived to pick up the goose, I noticed she was only being fed oats but I got her anyways. She looks healthy but i'm just worried for her health in the future. I feed my current geese flock raiser. Is there anything special I need to feed my new goose?
Hello! Some veggies wouldn’t hurt! Mealworms are also a good treat/protein source. Here is an article on what to feed your geese!

Top Bottom