Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Quote:
Thanks for answering. I guess I should not candle during lock down. Right? How will I know I one needs help ? How long between the internal pip and the external pip?

I candle mine quite a bit during lockdown... Especially to keep tabs on internal pip progress. If I know one has internally pipped, but I don't see an external pip within a certain amount of time (usually about a day, day and a half), then I will intervene. I stop candling of course once one has externally pipped... Works for me!

Quote:

I candle mine quite a bit during lockdown...  Especially to keep tabs on internal pip progress.  If I know one has internally pipped, but I don't see an external pip within a certain amount of time (usually about a day, day and a half), then I will intervene.  I stop candling of course once one has externally pipped...  Works for me!

Thanks. So about 24hrs after internal pip they should external pip (up to 36 hrs). If not, do you assist external pip? With a large needle or a small drill?
3 have internal pip, I'm pretty sure. The 4th is only moving weakly and does not look like it has pipped.

I always make a safety hole for my babies if they they dont pip a while after the others pip because mostly they cant pip for a reason and they use up all the Oxygen and then die in the shell :(

Thanks. So about 24hrs after internal pip they should external pip (up to 36 hrs). If not, do you assist external pip? With a large needle or a small drill?
3 have internal pip, I'm pretty sure. The 4th is only moving weakly and does not look like it has pipped.
Yep! I will take the smallest drill bit we have and (after candling to make sure the baby isn't right below), I will slowly hand turn the drill bit through the middle of the fat end of the egg.

Question....people always say not to open the incubator during lockdown if there are any pipped eggs because it will immediately cause the chick to be stuck.

But I read here, that its ok to actually poke a hole in the shell if the gosling has internally pipped. So, that opening of the incubator, and opening of the shell outside of the inncubator doesn't cause the gosling to become stuck?

I'm confused..

Last edited:
Question....people always say not to open the incubator during lockdown if there are any pipped eggs because it will immediately cause the chick to be stuck.

But I read here, that its ok to actually poke a hole in the shell if the gosling has internally pipped. So, that opening of the incubator, and opening of the shell outside of the inncubator doesn't cause the gosling to become stuck?

I'm confused..
Just be real quick when you open it... and I spray real quick with the same bottle I use to mist the eggs if I have to open it to help the humidity come back up.

Yep actually what psue said be real quick because the only problem would be humdity loss they can deal with a bit of temp loss but humidity is vital ! But theres a technique RuRu does by putting in a wet paper towel with warm water and it will keep humidity up just fine :) because im using that technique

How do I set my goose eggs?

I know the answer is in the guide, or at least I think. But, I think, I have read too many different things that I am confused.

Like a chicken or different?

Back
Top Bottom