Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
You can vent sex them yourself rather easily. Waterfowl are much easier than chickens. Last year call ducks were selling high at the sale barn. A couple of sellers knew how to vent sex . A lot of started drakes went for high dollar . Short party someone showed the buyers how to sex them .
Vent sexing is not my forte' I tried it before.

It is easier on small or young birds.
Oh i know I tried it on newly hatched ducklings of course they were all females lol and my gander when he was tiny who was a goose.
hmm.png
I was so afraid of hurting them.

i think shes commiting shes been on for about 6 hours now and she wont budge i looked under her and she has 2 eggs under her feet and the othe 2 in the middle weird thing is she has no feathers out but i would say shell be fully commited in a couple days

i think shes commiting shes been on for about 6 hours now and she wont budge i looked under her and she has 2 eggs under her feet and the othe 2 in the middle weird thing is she has no feathers out but i would say shell be fully commited in a couple days
thumbsup.gif
mine is too so maybe we'll have goslings close together.

I tried to save My gosling that I believe exausted its self,
and may have sufficated. He died.
I candled the rest of the eggs and seen movement, so I made external
safety holes for the eggs, as they werent peeping or moving the egg.
They all started breathing.
they have been in the incubator since, about 10 hours.
I heard a couple attempts at peeping lastnight, and now they are all
still breathing this morning.
the membrane was very dry, and seemed like a thin dry sheet.
I seen no bleeding, and they all look fine.
how long should it take to see more movement?
when should they start trying to get out of the egg?
Could my temps be higher now? I dont want them to die of cold air.
Im just concerned for them. and of course I want them all to live.

and Im afraid to remove the one that died from the incubator.
My thermometer is a little over half the way up the side of the egg,
and is reading about 101.6F
Should I have that closer to 102F?
what now should I be concerned about?
Thanks,
Mr K@

I tried to save My gosling that I believe exausted its self, and may have sufficated. He died. I candled the rest of the eggs and seen movement, so I made external safety holes for the eggs, as they werent peeping or moving the egg. They all started breathing. they have been in the incubator since, about 10 hours. I heard a couple attempts at peeping lastnight, and now they are all still breathing this morning. the membrane was very dry, and seemed like a thin dry sheet. I seen no bleeding, and they all look fine. how long should it take to see more movement? when should they start trying to get out of the egg? Could my temps be higher now? I dont want them to die of cold air. Im just concerned for them. and of course I want them all to live. and Im afraid to remove the one that died from the incubator. My thermometer is a little over half the way up the side of the egg, and is reading about 101.6F Should I have that closer to 102F? what now should I be concerned about? Thanks, Mr K@
I have no idea where everyone is this morning that can guide you, I am not the one. I just want to say so sorry about the one gosling. I think now you need be sure your humidity is up. I'm going to see if i can round someone up to help you. I think i would remove the egg though because of bacteria.

I tried to save My gosling that I believe exausted its self, and may have sufficated. He died. I candled the rest of the eggs and seen movement, so I made external safety holes for the eggs, as they werent peeping or moving the egg. They all started breathing. they have been in the incubator since, about 10 hours. I heard a couple attempts at peeping lastnight, and now they are all still breathing this morning. the membrane was very dry, and seemed like a thin dry sheet. I seen no bleeding, and they all look fine. how long should it take to see more movement? when should they start trying to get out of the egg? Could my temps be higher now? I dont want them to die of cold air. Im just concerned for them. and of course I want them all to live. and Im afraid to remove the one that died from the incubator. My thermometer is a little over half the way up the side of the egg, and is reading about 101.6F Should I have that closer to 102F? what now should I be concerned about? Thanks, Mr K
I would help since the membrane is dry .

I tried to save My gosling that I believe exausted its self, and may have sufficated. He died. I candled the rest of the eggs and seen movement, so I made external safety holes for the eggs, as they werent peeping or moving the egg. They all started breathing. they have been in the incubator since, about 10 hours. I heard a couple attempts at peeping lastnight, and now they are all still breathing this morning. the membrane was very dry, and seemed like a thin dry sheet. I seen no bleeding, and they all look fine. how long should it take to see more movement? when should they start trying to get out of the egg? Could my temps be higher now? I dont want them to die of cold air. Im just concerned for them. and of course I want them all to live. and Im afraid to remove the one that died from the incubator. My thermometer is a little over half the way up the side of the egg, and is reading about 101.6F Should I have that closer to 102F? what now should I be concerned about? Thanks, Mr K@

do not raise the temp to hatch.. if anything lower it. I hatch at 98*. Keep the humidy at 70 - 75% and mist the eggs when you pull the bad one.. if you mist right on the membrane it will help soften it so the babies can do their part.

edited to add... geese take DAYS to hatch. So help in small steps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom