oldhenlikesdogs

Hope Springs Eternal
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
As my geese mature I noticed a floppy dangling flap between their legs. I was wondering what it was and what it means. After a Google search I discover it's called a paunch. Does anyone know the purpose of this? Is it fat storage? Just curious. Geese are new to me this year. :) I'm reading about single paunch, and double paunch,,:idunno,,,anyone want to discuss this with me? :)
I like to be educated.

Hmm I do not actually know what they are used for. I do know that some breeds are bred for a "single lobe/paunch," most though have a double...although with Chance, the CP gander...he doesn't seem to have one at all. I'm curious to read the answers here!

Hmm I do not actually know what they are used for. I do know that some breeds are bred for a "single lobe/paunch," most though have a double...although with Chance, the CP gander...he doesn't seem to have one at all. I'm curious to read the answers here!
Thanks for answering. It's an interesting thing to see. At first I thought they were deformed, but it's good to know it's normal. Mine seem to have a single, with one goose really dangling down.

Back
Top Bottom